Saturday, November 5, 2016

You do what you gotta do...

A few weeks ago, we received a phone call from my husband's sister. Her son was in trouble, and the judge asked if there was anyone else he could go live. 

We were the only option, so of course we said yes. 

Can we afford this? No. Are any of us in the mental health condition to add another mentally ill person to the mix? No. Is this going to be easy? Hell no!

But he's here, and we will do the best we can. 

Today marks one week. One veryyyy longggg weekkkk. In this week, we've dealt with things that neither of us have dealt with before, dealt with temper tantrums that Kali left behind when she was 5, fought with principals, read records from the last 5 years from his school, cried a little, laughed a little, but mostly, just wanted to fly to Michigan to kick my SIL's ass. 

Seriously. Kids don't end up like this without help from their parents. My heart hurts for this kiddo. 

So if you are the praying type, please pray, or just send good juju, because we need all of it that we can get. This has been very triggering for me, since my mom adopted me from my aunt. It has been stressful on Kali and her friend, Aiden, that has been staying with us, just because there are too many people in our house. Jasen and I have struggled in our marriage, because we are both struggling with adapting to the changes, and aren't completely sure how to parent a kid with ODD. 

What doesn't kill us makes us stronger, right?  


No comments:

Post a Comment